Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Beginnings!

Holla y'all! First blog ever! The name is Katie and I guess this blog is about my life with my husband Mo living in the beautiful, but sometimes mundane city of Baton Rouge!

So my sweet and ever so enthusiastic friend Jen convinced me to start blogging! I guess I'll give it a shot and hopefully someone actually cares enough to read about the happenings in my life!

My sweet hubby Mo and I have been married for almost 21 months now and it is the best experience of my life! Marriage is such a learning experience, not only are you learning more and more about your spouse daily, but also many things about yourself - I'm sure most can agree that that part is not always fun ;) On a serious note though, I feel like the Lord is at work in me both as a wife and as woman of God. It is amazing!

Here is my beautiful sweet husband
I recently quit my job as a secretary at a corporate engineering firm to jump into an opportunity with my mom - she is a jeweler and creates her own silver jewelry by hand and has opened a store in Denham Springs! I guess my official title is manager - it is very exciting and terrifying at the same time because I have NO clue as to what I am doing, but hey it's a learning experience and I'm trusting in the Lord!

My man Mo aka Moses or Mohammed (no he is not Arab) works in the Athletic Department at LSU as a computer analyst - basically he fixes anything having to do with technology - it's a fun job for him and he works the games and gets to see those Tigers play in person - what better job could a guy ask for?!

Some things I love - My Jesus. My Husband. My Family and dear friends. Photography. Our Newlyweds bible study. Goofing off with my Husband. Snuggling. Playin chef. Making our home beautiful. Traveling. Shopping. Singing. Tubing. That silly feeling that you get when you're hanging out with the best of friends. Watching movies. Enjoying life. Chocolate Milk. The Office. Going out to eat with friends after church. My down comforter. Bath and Body Works. Tommy Nelson's Song of Solomon Series - it's amazing y'all! Christmas. Thanksgiving. Winter Clothes. St. Croix. Ok there's a whole lot more, but of course you can never think of these things when you actually have to!

Here are some pics from this weekend when we went to dinner and the movies with Jen and Grantley, I love love love them!! Praise the Lord for sweet friends that are as crazy and out there as you and your husband!

How fun was this weekend?!



Grant and Mo playing with remote control helicopters haha!


Sitting in the comfy chairs at Brookstone!




Here are some photos from a wedding I did last weekend!




Thanks for reading my very first blog ever! What'd ya think? I pray everyone has a fantastic week full of rest, health, and laughter!

God Bless!

Katie





3 comments:

Jenny said...

YAY for your first blog! I am linking you!! Love yoU!!

John and Joanna said...

Katie!!
My name is Joanna! Jenny is one of my BF's from TEXAS :)
I heard you joined the blogging world and i needed to see!! Welcome to the wonderful and exciting world of blogging :)
I am so glad you and Jen have gotten to be such great friends! She is a treasure!!
Have a great Wednesday!!

Jaclyn said...

hi katie! i am jen's sister Jaclyn! welcome to blogland-we are glad you are here :) I love the beautiful pics you took at the wedding!!
I am so glad Jenny found you- she just loves you!!!