Monday, April 28, 2008

Bubble Wrap and Packing Tape

No, we are not moving. But our best friends are. It hit me this weekend when my dear Jenny's apartment where we've spent countless hours talking, watching the AKAI in the guest bedroom, hearing the boys play xbox in the living room, and sharing meals together was transformed from a comfy, cozy, home to just an apartment filled with moving boxes surrounded by bare walls. I think we were all a little shocked by the end of the day to see the progress we had made in our packing endeavor. While we were excited we had gotten so much done, to look around and see the transformation was a little tearful.

This week will be a tearful week I am sure, but I look forward to all the exciting trips we will be making back and forth to visit, all of the phone calls, and the gmail chats that will be had! Jen and Grant have become such steadfast, strong friends to both Mo and I and while we are so very sad to see them move 4 hours away, we are very excited to see what the future holds for them!

Here are some sweet pics of our preciouses!








So here's to not saying "Goodbye," but "See you soon!" We love you both so very much and are so excited for this opportunity the Lord has blessed you with!

XOXO,

Katie

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love you with my whole heart!

We are not saying goodbye, I promise you that. Your sleeper sofa is waiting for you in Houston :)

Love youuuuu

Lindsee Lou said...

You are so sweet Katie! I know they are sad to leave y'all too. But, this means it's YOUR turn to come visit! Houston has a lot to offer! :)

Hugs your way!

Lindsee

Jaclyn said...

Katie!!! COME VISIT US IN HOUSTON!
I was just at Jen's cute new apartment and saw your cute picture framed in her living room. I can't wait to meet you!
BTW, your seven random things cracks me up!!!